The mission of the California Kindergarten Association is to foster the development of the whole child by promoting best practices in teaching and learning.
The California Kindergarten Association Board of Directors:
- Believes every effort must be made to enact a a law to mandate kindergarten in California. Believes a child should be 5-years-old on or before September 2 of the year in which he/she enters kindergarten. This change in entrance age should occur over a 3 year period: Year 1, entrance age be 5-years-old on or before November 2; Year 2 – October 2; and, year 3 – September 2.
- Believes class size for kindergarten should be at the ratio of one highly qualified credentialed teacher to twenty students.
- Supports a full day kindergarten.
- Supports a pre-kindergarten experience for all pre-kindergarten age children.
- Believes early childhood years leave imprints for life.